Phonological Awareness in Words and Sentences (PAWS) - Downloadable Edition (#49952DL-IN)
Downloadable Edition of Book
Ages 5 through 11. Help students learn to identify differences between words with closely related sounds, identify sound changes within words, rhyme words, break down words into syllables, identify sound patterns within sentences, and MORE. The activities focus on individual sounds (consonants and vowels), sound contrasts, and phonological processing skills that are critical for success in learning to read and spell.
The book is divided into five sections:
- Consonants. The activities provide opportunities for students to increase their awareness of consonant sounds as they listen to words, make comparisons, modify sounds within words, add sounds to words, and use sounds within sentence contexts.
- Vowels and Diphthongs. Sound contrasts are presented to help children increase their awareness of subtle differences that affect the meaning of words. In addition to sound identification activities, students also practice changing vowels within words to create new words.
- Identifying Changes within Words and Syllables. The activities in this section provide students with practice in locating the position of sound differences within words.
- Thinking About Words and Sentences. Students are asked to manipulate sounds in a variety of ways, identify words containing specific sounds, break words down into syllables, use sound cues to finish incomplete sentences, etc.
- Sound Picture Worksheets. Students are presented with pictures and asked to respond to instructions such as, "Draw a green circle around pictures of words that begin with the same sound as pin."
A list of easy to spell words is included at the end of the book. Words from this list can be incorporated into a variety of phonological awareness activities.
FILE FORMAT for the Downloadable Version
This product is a small PDF file that you can download.
If you are unable to open the sample pages in this ad, you need to obtain Adobe Reader before using the file. Adobe Reader is available FREE at www.adobe.com
DOWNLOADING THE PRODUCT
Orders are listed as "pending" when they are placed. Once payment has been verified, an email will be sent to you. You will then need to log on to your account to view your order. You will see the word "download" in blue next to the product name. Click on the word "download" and select the "SAVE" option. Save the file to your hard drive. It's as easy as that.
There is no shipping/handling charge on this downloadable item.
Note: This product is also available in a printed book format. See RELATED PRODUCTS link below.